Article I. Composition of the Representative Assembly
A. Eligibility for Representative Assembly
The Representative Assembly shall consist of: Elected officers (President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Vice-Presidents); academic unit representatives (campuses, colleges and schools); and at-large, equity representatives.
B. Academic Unit Representatives
1. Only academic units with members in good standing shall be assigned seat(s) in the representative assembly.
2. Academic units with members in good standing from Bargaining Unit 1, but none from Bargaining Unit 2, shall only be assigned seat(s) to represent Bargaining Unit 1. Likewise, academic units with members in good standing from Bargaining Unit 2, but none from Bargaining Unit 1, shall only be assigned seat(s) to represent Bargaining Unit 2.
3. Academic units with members in good standing from both Bargaining Unit 1 and Bargaining Unit 2 shall be assigned a minimum of 2 seats: One seat to represent the members in good standing of Bargaining Unit 1; and one seat to represent the members in good standing of Bargaining Unit 2.
4. After the minimum number of seats have been assigned to each academic unit with members in good standing, an additional seat shall be assigned to that academic unit, on average, for every twenty-five additional members in good standing.
5. The number of members in good standing per academic unit shall be based on our membership records sixty (60) days prior to the election.
C. Equity Representatives
The following factors shall be considered in determining the number of seats to assign to at-large equity representatives: The proportion of BIPOC faculty among our bargaining unit members, over the previous two-year term, as reported by the University of New Mexico’s Office of Institutional Analytics; and the proportion of BIPOC faculty who served as academic unit representatives during the previous two-year term.